Our idea is astrotourism.
DEAR CUSTOMERS. THE ASTRONOMY CAFE IS CLOSED. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN NEXT SUMMER SEASON 2024.
Enjoy the tranquility of nature and the view of the vastness of the sea at the Astronomy Cafe in a preferred location. Astronomy Cafe operating schedule of the cafeteria in the summer season OPEN FROM MONDAY TILL SATURDAY FROM 19:00 – 00:00.
With the telescopes of the two observatories in the Astronomy Café you have the opportunity to observe the sun, moon, planets, galaxies and much more with your own eyes.
The most impressive pictures are those of the moon craters to be admired. Please note that the moon is not visible in the sky every night.
Our solar telescopes are equipped with special protective filters. Experience live the chromospheric and photospheric phenomena on the surface of our sun. Giant protuberances, solar flares, sunspots, spicules and cranules become visible with the special solar telescopes.
NEVER LOOK AT THE SUN WITH BARE EYES. RISK OF BLINDING!
Access to the observatory is only allowed to children who are older than 7 years.
We are the first to offer an astro-garden with a special observation place for the summer – solstice with bearing mark, a static geographic compass with distance informations, a representation of the largest known stars and much more..
In the lovingly designed “star garden” with its astronomical / geographical demonstration objects such as the “living sundial”, celestial science can be experienced “live” and is made understandable for everyone through play.
THE OBSERVATIONS IN THE OBSERVATORIES ARE LIMITED TO 30 MINUTES.
ASTRONOMY AND GASTRONOMY …IN ONE
At Astronomy Café you can enjoy our homemade astrococktails that will take you to the sky with their flavors.
The more you try them the more “stars” you will see.
Homemade crepes, snacks and our special tasty milkshakes that you won’t find anywhere else.
Just try them.
We three middle aged guys had seen enough of the sights of evening nighttime Faliraki and had noticed that we lived close to the number one attraction that... read more
Visted the cafe with a large group and was made to feel unwelcome from when we arrived. Ordered food and drinks (pancakes not the best) waiters (male) very rude and... read more
BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR CUSTOMERS
- YOUR MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER BOOKING EXCEPT FOR THE CONDITIONS YOU WILL READ BELOW.
- The reservation can be made 1 month before and up to 1 day before the observation date.
- In case you want to cancel the observation for your own reasons, we don’t refund the money back as long as you have accepted all the terms of your reservation.
- It is not permitted to enter the observatory room with an owner of a different date and time.
- Reservation changes / cancellations after booking will only be accepted for reasons of force majeure. If the weather is cloudy or if there are technical problems, the observation will be canceled and the money is returned through the bank or Pay Pal where the transaction was made. If the reservation is lost, the observatory is not responsible and is not obliged to replace it.
- The visitor has the right to take part in the observation in the observatory only if he accepts and observes the operating conditions of the room.
- Each reservation is only valid for one observation in the observatory.
- Customers must be there 30 minutes before the start of the observation.
- It is not permitted to enter the observatory after the start of the observation after the planned entry time. Those who do not show up on time will miss the observation and the money will not be refunded.
- Entry for minors is only permitted when accompanied by at least one adult, who must also have made a reservation and paid for an entrance ticket.
- Only people over 7 years of age are allowed.
- Access to the observatory is prohibited to people under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Animals are not allowed in the observatory. No entry with drinks and food. Children’s pushchairs are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in the observatory.
- For security reasons, cameras are operated on the Astronomy Café premises.